Science Fair Display Board Guidelines
Display boards are required in order to present the project. They are on tri-fold, corrugated cardboard like the ones available at most office supply stores. White project boards can be purchased at the KWC school store on March 14 from 7:15 - 8:00 a.m. or at most craft or office supply stores.
You may purchase any color, but please try to purchase the tri-fold type only- this will help us have an easy set up of our fair. To see one check out: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/434415/Office-Depot-Brand-80percent-Recycled-Tri/
Projects should be identified as “touch” or “do not touch." Touchable projects should be able to withstand operation by over 500 students and adults. Please ensure that they are sturdy. No chemicals, liquids, glass, or open flames.
During the Science Fair, students will be expected to stand with their projects and answer questions about their work from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Please remember that many children will view each project. Please keep safety in mind!
1. No liquids or glass.
2. Safety goggles should be worn when appropriate.
3. A safety shield or safe distance should be used if appropriate for the experiment. Take pictures of your experiment and include those on the board.
4. If you are going to grow crystals, please ensure that they are not poisonous.
5. Open flames are not permitted.
6. Live animals are not permitted in the school. Photos or videos are allowed.
7. Please discourage projects using household electrical current. Projects using batteries are encouraged.
8. Projects using bacteria or blood are not allowed.