Seniors in good standing will be given the opportunity to pursue a project of interest throughout the school year. Once Advanced Placement and SOL tests are complete, seniors pursuing the project will not attend classes. Rather they will be completing their projects within the community those last few weeks of school. In a nutshell:
- Choose a topic of interest or something that you have always wanted to do but never had the time!
- Think of a mentor in the school who can guide you
- Think of a mentor within the community, linked directly to your project, to whom you can go for advice and guidance
- Fill out the project proposal of your plan and turn it in to Guidance
- Wait for the team to give you the "go ahead"
- Begin your project, completing a given timesheet to clock your hours
- Complete a minimum of the 60 required hours
Most importantly, pursue something that makes you excited!