THS College Application, Transcript Request
and Letter of Recommendation Process
Each year the counseling department processes more than a thousand transcript requests. To guarantee that the transcripts arrive at colleges in a timely manner, our department requires processing time. Request deadlines for the most common application due dates for the 2013-2014 school year are posted below. As a rule, please allow at least three weeks for processing most transcripts.
Seniors should note that mid-year grades will automatically be sent to all colleges for which they have requested a transcript.
A final transcript will be sent to the college designated on the Senior Survey, which is completed at the end of your senior year.
REQUEST FOR TRANSCRIPT & COUNSELOR STATEMENT DUE TO THE COUNSELING OFFICE
November 1 (to account for Thanksgiving Break)
November 15 (to account for Thanksgiving Break)
December 2 (to account for Winter Break)
December 13 (to account for Winter Break)
1. Fill out your application. You can obtain an application by going online, writing to the college or by checking in our career center.
3. Completed Student Self-Assessment, Senior Resume and Parent Response Sheet must be turned in prior to any transcript requests being submitted.
4. If Teacher Recommendation(s) are required and you want your teacher recommendations sent to Admissions along with the information from the counselor, you must submit sealed (and initialed) envelopes from your teachers at the time you turn in the rest of your transcript request information.
Be sure to ask your teachers early and apprise them of deadlines. OR please give your teacher(s) stamped envelope(s) addressed to the college, with a return address of Tuscarora High School, for them to send separately.
5. Students send their applications online or in the mail separately from the transcript, except when the college requests that everything be sent in one package.
6. College Entrance Testing Scores must be officially sent from the College Board (SAT) or ACT directly. Visit www.collegeboard.org/sat or www.actstudent.org to request scores to be sent directly to colleges. There is usually a fee if you did not request to have them sent when you took the SAT or ACT test.