Energy & Environment
Who we are:
The LCPS Energy & Environment Team includes all students, staff, parents and other community members who make up the totality of individuals who utilize LCPS sites.
“Every dollar that pays an unnecessarily high energy bill could be spent for a much better purpose – teaching children.”
The LCPS Energy & Environment Team will reduce the use of energy throughout the school system without impacting the educational environment while ensuring efficient and effective stewardship of public resources.
Michael Barancewicz - Energy Education Specialist
John Lord - Energy Education Specialist
· Develop energy savings habits within all levels of facility users.
· Implement energy saving programs and practices.
· Evaluate and utilize the most effective energy providers and rates.
· Review and authenticate energy usage and billing.
· Facilitate timely processing of all utility bills.
· Research and recommend energy efficient methods and materials.
· Generate an attitude and culture of energy savings.
· Represent LCPS interests in committees and organizations.
· Provide data and counsel regarding energy usage and cost.
· Observe and report areas for energy use reduction.
· Coordinate energy savings efforts with all departments within LCPS.
· Incorporate energy accounting software to maintain clear and accurate records.
· Develop and maintain professional and industry contacts.
· Seek program improvement through staff development.
· Implement ENERGY STAR program.
· Coordinate LCPS participation in regional energy & environmental programs.
School Board Policies:
6-41 High Performance Design and Construction for Energy Efficiency and Environmental Impact
6-42 Energy and Water Management/Conservation
Cost savings since program inception in 1993-1994 school year:
Over $49 Million
Last Modified on January 17, 2013